Château de la Roche Courbon
Discover the Château de la Roche Courbon, nicknamed the castle of Sleeping Beauty. Stroll through its Remarkable French Gardens, explore the caves and the PréhistoZen course. A real journey through time!
Built in the 15th century on a rocky outcrop, the fortified castle was transformed into a pleasure residence in the XNUMXth century by the Marquis Jean-Louis de Courbon.
Its magnificent French gardens offer you a timeless moment of relaxation in an exceptional environment.
Go for more than 3 hours of instructive and fun visit:
- Guided tour of the inhabited and fully furnished castle. Not to be missed: the cabinet of paintings on wood and the sumptuous French gardens.
- Free visit to the French gardens, the PréhistoZen course, the prehistoric caves, the museum of prehistory, the permanent exhibition on the putting on stilts of the gardens. Access to old games.
Also discover “Castle Game”: indoor and outdoor escape games for a unique experience.
COVID 19 special provisions :
Sanitary measures are in place to combat the spread of Covid-19:
- reception with floor markings
- hydroalcoholic gel is available to visitors on the counter
- possibility of payment by credit card without contact.
- the reception agent is protected with a mask and a plexiglass plate.
- the outside toilets are equipped with sink, soap and paper towel.
New 2021 :
Ladybug Adventure - Outdoor Adventure Game
Ranking & labels
- Tourism Quality ™
In order to view the different information, you can use the navigation arrows placed to the right of the table
|Opening hours from May 01 to September 30, 2023|
|Monday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|Thursday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|Friday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|SATURDAY||Open from 10 a.m. to 14 p.m.|
|Sunday||Open from 10 a.m. to 19 p.m.|
|Opening hours from October 01 to December 20, 2023|
|Monday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Thursday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Friday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|SATURDAY||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Sunday||Open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
Exceptional closure(s): January 01, 2023, December 25, 2023
Garden prices (self-guided visit):
Adults and young people/students: €7,50 from 01/10 to 30/04 and €9 from 01/05 to 30/09.
Children: 6 €
Includes gardens, museum, caves, exhibitions, ancient games (all year) and PréhistoZen in addition from 01/05 to 30/09
Free for less than 6 years.
Activities on site
- Temporary exhibitions
Pets are not accepted.
- Adapted benefits for mental impairment
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
A castle visit booklet is available on request.
The castle floor is not accessible with a wheelchair. One of the doors being narrower, a room can be difficult to access on the ground floor.
The old games room and the exhibition are accessible by a ramp at the foot of a castle tower.