So that you can move easily on the territory of the Community of Agglomeration Royan Atlantique (CARA), the mobility network offers you several transport solutions.
The network Cara'Bus provides urban passenger transport.
9 regular lines to travel throughout the territory
- 3 strong lines: lines 1, 2 and 3 serve the major facilities of the agglomeration and the center of towns in the urban heart, from Saint-Palais-sur-Mer to Saint-Georges-de-Didonne via Médis and Royan, with a passage every 30 minutes. These three lines run all year round from Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays).
- 1 mesh line: line 4 offers a fine service of the territory between the center of Saint-Sulpice-de-Royan, the Pasteur clinic, Royan station and the Cordouan high school. It runs from Monday to Saturday all year round (excluding public holidays).
- 5 proximity lines: Lines 5 to 9 connect the peripheral towns of the CARA to Royan, all year round, from Monday to Saturday (excluding public holidays)
5 summer lines
Five summer lines circulate on the territory in July and August, from Monday to Sunday (lines 30, 31, 32 and 33). Their objective is to serve the main tourist attractions, beaches et places of accommodation for holidaymakers (campsites, holiday villages, etc.).
The network also offers secondary lines providing school transport, accessible to all.
Cara'Fil is a substitution service that includes the transport on demand and transport for people with reduced mobility. This service is available all year round from Monday to Saturday (except public holidays) from 8 a.m. to 18 p.m.
How it works ?
The principle is very simple, to benefit from it, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- reside in a commune of the Royan Atlantique Agglomeration Community not served by a "Cara'Bus" bus line,
- live more than 500 meters from a bus stop,
- hold a minimum 80% disability card.
A Cara'Fil vehicle picks you up at your home. Then it takes you to the nearest bus stop or to the predefined stop in your area. The drop-off and pick-up times allow connections with the "Cara'Bus" buses.
To use the Cara'Fil service, book by phone at the mobility agency – Tel: 0 810 810 977 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.) – or fill in the online form, at the latest half a day before your trip.
Cara'Vel is the service of long-term rental of electric bikes. This service is a real alternative, active and shared mobility offer serving a more sustainable mode of transport.
The prices are adapted according to the duration of the subscription (3 or 6 months). If you are already subscribed to the “Cara'Bus” network, the rates are even more advantageous.
How it works ?
Cara'Vel is accessible to all CARA residents aged 18 and over.
To rent a bike, fill in the registration form available online. Then, choose the duration of your subscription. Our partner Cyclo-Jet Royan takes care of you.
Modalis bike: the self-service bike
40 electric bikes are self-service on the territory: 35 in Royan and 5 in Saujon.
Intended primarily for travelers arriving at the station, the self-service bicycle rental service unfolds in downtown Royan with the creation of 5 resorts around popular places such as the port, the market, high schools or the beach of Pontaillac. It thus offers the possibility of moving easily from one point to another.
The rates vary according to the rental period: from occasional use (less than an hour for less than one euro) to a monthly subscription. They are suitable for short trips. TER subscribers, regional coaches and Cara'Bus benefit from preferential rates.
How it works ?
The service is accessible to anyone aged 14 or over. It operates 7 days a week, 7 hours a day.
- To rent a bike, download the Vélo Modalis mobile app and create your account.
- Find an available bike at one of the nearby stations via the app and reserve it.
- The payment of the rent is made only by credit card.
- The bike must always be returned to a station at the end of its use.